Sunday, November 28, 2021

Letter writing models

 

Kakatiya University Degree English Sem 6

Satavahana University Karimnagar- Degree Semester 5-III Year-English- 2021-22 onwards .Uni-3






SRR Govt.Arts& Science College Karimnagar

Formal letters

englishlanguage-lit.blogspot.com

1) Write a letter to the editor of the newspaper on the erratic power supply.


H.no.1-2-14

Vidyanagar

Karimnagar


13 December 2021


The Editor

Metro India Daily

Karimnagar


Sub:- Frequent  power cuts in Vidyanagar,Karimnagar- Reg


Sir

I would like to bring the issue of frequent power cuts in our locality to the attention of the authorities concerned through your newspaper. The erratic power supply is causing us a lot of inconvenience. People, especially senior citizens, have to face a lot of problems as the temperatures are soaring high, crossing 45 degrees. Exams are around the corner. Students have to burn the midnight oil to pass the exams. Frequent power cuts or irregular power supply will have an impact on their studies. 

We, residents of Vidyanagar, took the issue to the electricity officials umpteen times, but all our efforts were in vain. 

Therefore, I request that you  take the necessary action in this regard.

Yours faithfully

Ch.Samanvai


2)Write a letter of complaint to the Commissioner of your Municipality regarding the bad condition of a road that needs immediate repair

S.Rajesh

H.No.107/1

SR colony,Road No. 4

Karimnagar



12 September 2021


The  Commissioner

Municipality

Karimnagar


Sir


Subject:  Bad condition of  SR colony road   

   
I am a resident of SR Colony Road No.6 , Karimnagar. I would like to bring to your kind notice the miserable condition of the road. The Road No.6 is in a bad condition. It is one of the busiest roads in the area. The road is full of potholes, and that condition has led to many accidents. This is rainy season, and the road has been submerged due to incessant rains last week. It becomes difficult to notice those potholes. Last week, a motorcyclist fell into the pothole and got injured.

    So I would like to draw the attention of the authorities to the problem and request that they take the necessary action 


Yours faithfully


(S.Rajesh)


Formal letter- An application for a job in a reputed company


56-2/1

Gandhi nagar

Warangal


16 August 2021


The Manager

Yes Motors

Hunter Road

Warangal


Dear Sir


Sub:  Application for the post of an accountant

Ref: Your advertisement in The Hindu, dated 02-08-2020.


    With reference to the advertisement posted in The Hindu (dated August 2, 2021) for the post of an accountant in Yes Motors, I offer myself as a candidate for the post.

I passed my B.Com. with Computer Applications from Kakatiya University in May 2017. I have also passed PGDCA. I've been working as an accountant in a private firm for two years.

I assure you that if i am given an opportunity. I will work to my fullest capacity.

 Thanking you

Ch. Gagan


englishlanguage-lit.blogspot.com


Q.A letter to a company for the job of clerk cum typist.


2-4-17

Subhash Nagar

Vemulawada


The Managing Director

Sun Batteries Private Ltd.

Gandhi Nagar

Hyderabad


23 January 2022


Sir,


Sub: Application for the Post of Clerk cum typist in your company - Submission - Regarding.

Ref: Advertisement in The Times of India news paper dated.21 January 2022.


In response to your advertisement in The Times of India dated 21 January 2022, I wish to submit my application for the post of Clerk cum typist in your Company.


I am 21 years old. I have passed B.Com with a first class. I have passed Higher Grade Typewriting in English and Telugu. I have also done a few computer courses necessary for doing office work. My typing speed is 70 words per minute. I have worked as a clerk cum typist for one year in Rama Traders, Hyderabad.


I assure you that I will work to the best of my abilities if I am selected.


Yours faithfully,

Ch. Gagan


englishlanguage-lit.blogspot.com

Write a letter to your principal requesting him to issue Transfer Certificate

 Write a letter to the collector requesting him to take necessary steps to close the unused open borewells which pose a big threat to children.

Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper about the need for proper disposal of garbage. Request him to publish an article in the editorial.


Informal Letters



1)Write a letter to your friend inviting him to your village.


H.no.1-2-14

Azad Road

Bhongir


Dear Sushanth


How are you? I hope you are doing well.It has been ages since we met. Are your  exams over? I invite you to come to my village on vacation. There are some tourist spots  near my village. Jain temple, Someshwara temple at kolanupaka village, Yadadri temple,pochampally and Bhongir fort are famous tourist places in Telangana. I am sure you will enjoy it with us. My family is also eagerly waiting for you.Convey my wishes to uncle and aunt.

Waiting for your reply.

Yours lovingly

Ch.Gagan 



2)A letter to a friend, congratulating her on her success.


22-481/A

S.R.Nagar

Hyderabad

12 July 2020


My Dear Rajini


    My hearty congratulations to you on your getting admitted to the MBBS programme in the prestigious medical college, AIIMS,New Delhi. I really appreciate your hard work  in reaching the great heights of your aspiration. Keep up your success. I wish you achieve many more merits in th years to come.

I hope you are doing well with your new college and friends.


Your  loving friend


A.Janaki


Q.Write a letter to your friend inviting him/her to your birthday party

2-17/1

Nehru Road

Bhongir

Nalgonda


26 September 2021


Dear Sony


    As you know, Day after tomorrow, 28th September 2021, is my birthday. I am organising a party for all my friends to celebrate the same.

The venue is my residence in Bhongir and the party starts at 6 pm, beginning with the cake cutting followed by some games and finally dinner. I’ll be very happy if you can join us for the occasion. I am looking forward to meeting you at the party.


Yours affectionately


S.Rita


englishlanguage-lit.blogspot.com

Write a letter to your father expressing your happiness on being selected as the captain of the college cricket team.


SRR Degree College

Karimnagar

05 September 2020


Dear Father


How are you? How is mother doing? I have  good news for you. I have been selected as the captain of the college cricket team. The announcement was made at the school assembly and I felt honoured.

To tell you the truth, i was expecting it since you know that I am a dedicated and hardworking player. My friends are happy and have asked me to throw a party.

Convey the news to my friends there. I am sure  they would  be happy too. My first match as the captain would be the inaugural match of the Inter-collegiate Cricket Tournament in October. 

Do reply soon.


With lots of love

Your loving son

B.Varun


Click the below link for video lesson on letter writing

https://youtu.be/Odj5xS_VMYY

Rajesh Kumar

englishlanguage-lit.blogspot.com








No comments:

Post a Comment