Friday, April 19, 2024

Proposing Vote of Thanks

 Proposing a vote of thanks



A vote of thanks is a short, official speech in which the speaker thanks an individual or a group of people at the end of an event. Typically, the speaker directs the vote of thanks towards the speakers, guests, audience, and individuals who have made significant contributions to the event's success. This also includes people who are involved in backend work, such as sending invitations, making technical arrangements, setting the stage, the press, and the media, as well as other participants.

Vote of thanks speech should be brief and effective.

Follow an order in thanking. Higher to lower. 

When thanking guests or other speakers, mention a memorable line or inspirational words from their speeches.

Don't miss anyone who contributed to the event. 

Include the audience in the thank-you speech.

Model vote of thanks

Here are a few ways of proposing a vote of thanks:

1.It is my pleasure to propose a vote of thanks on behalf of our department.

2.I express my gratitude to the Principal for enlightening us with his speech.

3.I owe my thanks to our Head of the Department for taking the initiative to organise this Student Seminar.

4.I extend my thanks to all the teachers for their kind support.

5.Last but not the least, I thank all the technicians who assisted us in organising this program and making it a success.

Exam models:-

1.Prepare a script for the proposal of a vote of thanks for your teacher's retirement felicitation.

Answer:- 

Good morning, 

As Dr. Kumar,Associate Prof of English, begins his retirement journey, I would like to thank you all on behalf of SRR Degree College Karimnagar for being here today to celebrate his extraordinary career. Throughout your tenure, you have not only imparted knowledge, but you have also instilled in us invaluable life lessons. 

My heartfelt thanks to our MLA, G. Kamalakar Garu, for attending this function, though he is busy with his political meetings. We are also grateful to our college principal. Dr. Ramakrishna, for helping us arrange this programme. I express my heartfelt gratitude to Dr. Pramod, vice principal of the college, who is the pillar of strength behind the event. 

I thank all the students, non-teaching staff, and teaching staff for their participation in making this programme successful. 

Last but not least, I thank all the technicians who assisted us in organising this programme. 

Thank you all. 

.2) Prepare a script for the proposal of a vote of thanks for your college Fresher Day celebrations (May 2023) 

Ans:-

Good evening, everyone.

It is my pleasure to propose a vote of thanks on behalf of senior students. Firstly, I would like to express our heartfelt thanks to the esteemed members of the college administration and faculty. We are incredibly grateful for the time and effort you have invested to welcome us into the SRR GASC karimnagar family.

I express my gratitude to the principal for enlightening us with his speech.  A huge round of applause goes out to the seniors who organised this spectacular event. The games, performances, and activities were not only entertaining but also a fantastic way for juniors to connect with seniors. A big thanks to stage setting team, NCC, and NSS volunteers. 

Last but not least, a big thank you to all of our fellow students for sharing this journey with us today. The energy and enthusiasm you brought to the event were truly great. 

Thank you all!

3) Prepare a script for the proposal of a vote of thanks for your college Annual Day celebrations

Good evening to all, 

As we come to the end of our annual day celebrations, it is my honour and privilege to extend a vote of thanks on this memorable occasion. First and foremost, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to our chief guest, Dr. Ramakrishna, Principal, for gracing the dais and for his inspiring words that have undoubtedly left an indelible mark on all of us. 

I am also immensely thankful to our vice principal, Dr. Pramod, for his visionary leadership and continuous support in all our endeavours. 

A special thanks to our teachers, who have worked tirelessly to organise this event. Your dedication and passion for teaching are what ignite our curiosity and love of learning. To all the staff members who have been the backbone of this event, your coordination and hard work have been key factors in the smooth running of our annual day.

Thanks to my fellow students,who have captured our attention with their captivating dance performances and enjoyable activities. 

Your excitement and energy have lightened up the day and made it very special.

Finally, I would like to express my gratitude to the technical team, stage decoration team, and office subordinates for their invaluable support.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment