Sunday, May 23, 2021

Dialogue writing models - Conversation Practice

SRR Govt.Arts& Science College Karimnagar

Satavahana University Karimnagar Degree English sem-1& Sem 6

Conversation/ - Dialogue writing


englishlanguage-lit.blogspot.com

1) Write a conversation between two siblings discussing the details of booking a train ticket. (May 2023 Sem 6)

Sister: Hi Brother, Have you checked the trains for our journey to Pondicherry? 

Brother: Hey, not yet. What dates will be suitable for us? 

Sister: We were going to leave on May 15th and come back on May 22nd.

Brother: Oh, it is a one-week trip. There are a few different trains we could take. Shall I take first-class AC?

Sister: good. This is summer, so we can't travel by general coach. So book an AC sleeper.

Brother: Let's check, then. We should book tickets to Chennai, and from there we can go to Sri Aurobindo Ashram by bus.

Sister: Okay. Proceed. 

Brother: I confirmed two tickets to Chennai and bus tickets from Chennai to Pondicherry. 

Sister: Great job! Thanks for booking.

2.) At a Library requesting a book.

  • Student:-Excuse me sir. 

Librarian:-I’m sorry, Yes.

  • Student:-I want to borrow some  books from the Library.

Librarian:- what kind of books do you like to read?

  • Student:- I need books related to English vocabulary and pronunciation.

Librarian:- Norman Lewis “Word power made easy”  is the best book to develop your vocabulary.

  • Student:-What is the best book for English Pronunciation?

Librarian:-  “Better English  pronunciation” by  J.D.O.Conner.

  • Student:-Do I need to submit any documents?

Librarian:-Your ID card and Library deposit receipt.

  • Student:- Please give me those books. Thank you.

Librarian:-you’re welcome.

2) Write a conversation between a candidate and a human resource manager discussing the details of the candidate's job interview ( June 2022 SU knr)

Candidate: Good morning, sir. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today.

HR Manager: Good morning! It's my pleasure. I hope you're doing well. Shall we dive into discussing the details of your job interview?

Candidate: Absolutely. I'm eager to hear your feedback. 

HR Manager: Great. Firstly, I appreciate your performance during the interview. Your experience and skills are impressive. 

Candidate: Thank you so much. I believe I can coordinate with the team very well and contribute positively to the company's goals.

HR Manager:- We're in the process of finalising the list, and I must say, you're among the top. 

Candidate: That's fantastic to hear. What's the timeline for making a decision?

HR Manager: We will finalise our decision within the next two weeks.

Candidate: Thank you once again. I appreciate your time and consideration.

HR Manager: It's my pleasure. Best of luck, and we'll be in touch soon. Have a great day!

2) Write a conversation between two friends, where one friend is seeking information about a place that he/she plans to visit. 

Friend 1: Hi. How's it going?

Friend 2: Hai. I'm doing well, thanks. I've been thinking about planning a trip somewhere new. 

Friend 1: Oh, that sounds exciting! Where are you thinking of going?

Friend 2: I've been considering visiting tourist places in Maharashtra. Have you ever been to Maharashtra? 

Friend 1: Yeah, I have! There are many tourist places, for instance, Ajanta,Ellira Caves, Shirdi, Shani Shingapur, Sholapur, etc.

Which cities are you thinking of visiting?

Friend 2: I'm thinking of Ajanta and Ellira caves. Do you have any information about these cities? 

Friend 1: Yes. Book a ticket from the Yatri Nivas Telangana Tourism Bus. It is safe, and they take care of your lodging as well. 

Friend 2: It is good advice. 

Friend 2: Thank you so much for your suggestions.

Friend 1: You're welcome! 

englishlanguage-lit.blogspot.com)

3) father and daughter – planning for summer vacation(tour)

  • Daughter:- Hi Dad.

Father:- Hi, Dear Anu

  • Daughter:-My summer vacation starts from 24th April.

Father:-Oh. What are your plans in the vacation.

  • Daughter:-Let’s plan a jolly trip to the North India.

Father:- Why not, Sure.

  • Daughter:-How about going to Kashmir?

Father:-I would love to visit Kashmir.

  • Daughter:-What are the tourist spots in Srinagar, summer capital of  J&K?

Father:-Shankaracharya Temple, Shalimar Garden, Nishat Garden and Dal Lake are the major tourists attractions.

  • Daughter:- Dad, Summer is the best time for horse riding in Kashmir.

Father:-Yeah. Horse riding and Shikara ride on Dal Lake are popular in Kashmir.

  • Daughter:- What is Shikara Ride ?

Father:-Shikara is a long boat. Shikara ride is one of the most enjoying experiences for tourists.

  • Daughter:- That’s exciting! Dad. Book the flight tickets and hotel in advance.

Father:-Sure. Bye.

englishlanguage-lit.blogspot.com

 3) Conversation with a Plumber on phone

  • Plumber:- Hello. A-Z Plumbing Solutions. Mahesh speaking. How can I help you?

Mrs.Sita:-Hello. This is Mrs. Sita. We have  a few plumbing problems in bathroom and  kitchen sink 

  • Plumber:-Could you explain the problem?

Mrs.Sita:-The pipe in bathroom is leaking  and the kitchen sink is backed up.

  • Plumber:-Well, you please check the  area around the kitchen drain stop 

Mrs.Sita:-I had  checked the drain stop area before calling you.

  • Plumber:-Ok. Please give your address.

Mrs.Sita:- Flat no. 14. HANS Apartments, Hyderguda

  • Plumber:-Ok. I will be there within an hour.

Mrs.Sita:- Please come as soon as possible. Thank you.

englishlanguage-lit.blogspot.com

4)Conversation between a Bank manager and a customer regarding loan

  • Manager:-Good morning. What can I do for you?

Customer:-Good morning. I would like to apply for a personal loan.

  • Manager:-What is your profession?

Customer:- I am an English teacher at Govt. High School in Hyderabad.


  • Manager:-Please fill out this application form for loan.

Customer:-What are the documents to be attached with it?


  • Manager:-Salary certificate, pancard, employe ID card and Bank statements.

Customer:-What is the interest rate per annum?


  • Manager:-Interest rate is 12.25% .

Customer:-I need 10 lakh Rupees loan. 


  • Manager:- Your loan eligibility depends on your monthly  net income.

Customer:-Ok. How many days it will take to process the loan


  • Manager:-Our team will complete the process in 10 days.

Customer:- Do  I need to submit any surety bond?


  • Manager:-No need of a guarantor for govt. employees. 

Customer:- Thank you. 


englishlanguage-lit.blogspot.com

5)At Police station –Regarding  a theft

  • Police man:-How may I help you?

You:- I’m Mrs. Ramani. I came here to complain about robbery.

  • Police man:- when did it happen?

You:- It happened in the morning. A biker snatched my gold chain and bag when I was coming from vegetable market, 

  • Police man:-Where exactly it happened?

You:- About 9.00 in the morning at Malakpet cross roads.

  • Police man:-Give your personal details and particulars about the lost items.

  • You:- I reside at Global apartments in Malakpet. The chain weighs  50 gms and  there was Rs.5000 in the bag.

  • Police man:-Give a written complaint. We will look into the matter.

You:-Here Is the complaint. Please give a receipt. 

  • Police man:-Ok. We will  update you on our investigation.

You:- Thank you sir.

englishlanguage-lit.blogspot.com

S.Rajesh kumar







1 comment: